Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Library Bookstore / LitQuake 2011

Man, I've been so busy I almost couldn't keep to my once-a-month blog post schedule (as you can see from this post's pub date/time, I was just four minutes shy of missing the "deadline"). Anyhow, mostly I've been busy with schoolwork, but I've also taken on a "job." It's a volunteer job at "Friends Bookstore" in the MLK Library, so it's unpaid, but it'll give me the experience I need to hopefully land a paying job at a bookstore in the near future (I've applied to three bookstores since I've moved to SJ, but they no likey, aparently). As I'm still very busy (in the middle of writing a 16 page term paper as a matter of fact), this will be a lazy post where I just stick a bunch of photos up. Enjoy. 
 
YUP. LIKE I SAID. I WORK HERE.
  BOOKSTORE AISLE
BOOKSTORE COUNTER
WHAT I SEE WHEN I'M BEHIND THE COUNTER


The next few photos are from Litquake this year. I was visiting family in the East Bay on a Saturday, I believe, when I heard about this event in SF in Buena Vista Park. So, I decided to hop on the ol' BART, get off on 16th St and check it out. It turned out to be quite a hike. When I reached the park...
THERE WERE A BUNCH OF THESE FLYERS TO DIRECT THE WAY
ALL PATHS LED UP, INDEED. I GOT MY EXERCISE THAT DAY FOR SURE.
WHEN I GOT THERE, DANIEL HANDLER WAS SINGING A SONG WITH AN ACCORDION.
AND CHRIS ADRIAN READ FROM HIS NEW BOOK IN A DOG SUIT
ANDREW SEAN GREER WAS THERE AS WELL (IN WHITE)
DANIEL HANDER, AKA LEMONY SNICKET, AGAIN

I'll be back to my crappy microsoft paint panels next month. Or try to be, anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment