Thursday, December 29, 2011

2011 comes to an end...

So. My first semester as an MFA student at San Jose State has come to an end. Here's how I did:

I'd say that this was a decent semester. Academically, at least. Everything else-- not so much. However, although I wasn't able to snag a job and struggled a bit financially, I did finally manage to move to a new apartment with my cousins. This will save me a bit of money, and it is definitely quieter. In other news, my folks and my brother came to visit me here in San Jose for the holidays, which was really nice. I hadn't noticed how lonely I'd been until they showed up. When they were here I was so happy to have them around, I kept trying to show them everything, bring them everywhere-- there wasn't enough time in the day to do everything I wanted to do with them. They were here looking towards a relaxing vacation, and there I was tiring them out. Ha! They probably left completely exhausted. Well, anyway it was nice having them for the holidays, and they helped me to put these past few months of ridiculous struggle out of my mind. So...

I hope I have a better 2012.  No... I'll make sure I have a better 2012.  Ah, yes... I can see it now... 2012 will the year of:  my first job in San Jose, my first "real" story publication, the completion of the first draft of my book, and perhaps, my first girlfriend in quite a while. Should be good...  

1 comment: